Nursery Practitioner - Chiswick
Who are Safari Kid?
Safari Kid are a network of innovative international nurseries, we fuse the best practises from the Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf Steiner and marry this with beautiful learning environments and 21st century technologies.
Our vision is to develop an exceptional Early Years environment to meet a range of parent and children’s needs and to focus on customized learning to help develop cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative and reasoning skills in children.
Safari Kid are committed to preparing today’s children to thrive in tomorrow’s world.
We are looking for exceptional practitioners to join our thriving school in Chiswick.
What is the role?
Safari Kid are on a journey of growth and employ passionate dedicated people as they open more centres and grow quickly.
As an qualified Nursery Practitioner you will be responsible for ensuring that Safari Kid are always providing the highest quality of care and education and that the children have a safe and secure learning environment. You’ll work continuously to make sure that you and your team recognise and deliver the needs for every student. You’ll share responsibility for planning, organising and delivering the activities and learning experiences for the children in your room. Support the room team to facilitate the development of children and enable them to reach their full potential, and work together to help ensure that learning outcomes become daily classroom practise.
You’ll work closely the other practitioners in the nursery to ensure that Safari Kid are delivering the absolute best that they can and to give recommendations about how they can improve their offerings and to always push the boundaries of excellence.
What will you do?
You'll work closely to support the people in your nursery and you’ll be an ambassador for our values and a gate keeper for our great culture. You will have accountability for the following:
- Team Player – be part of a fantastic team and forge great relationships within your team and everyone in the nursery setting.
- Setting up – you’ll help to create inspiring learning places, utilising indoor and outdoor space.
- Teaching – Be hands on helping to deliver a great learning experience for our children and support the team to meet curriculum aims and objectives. You’ll take the children that do full days for a relaxing afternoon activity.
- Curriculum – help Safari Kid to deliver the best and most up to date curriculum for our children
- Relationships – You will encourage open lines of feedback and communication between colleagues, parents and children. You’ll create meaningful relationships within your team and with parents to provide the best service for our families.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the nursery management.
Level 2 qualified or above
Ability to demonstrate high quality teaching
The Safari Kid competencies
Salary starting at £18,000 - £22,000
• You will receive 20 days of annual holiday which increases with length of service
• You get your birthday off if it falls on a working day
• Free childcare if your child attends one of our nurseries
• Annual performance related pay reviews
• Company awards and celebrations twice a year
• Access to a health care cash plan
• £150 refer a friend bonus for recommending Safari Kid to friends
As part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care, the successful candidate is expected to undergo an enhanced DBS check.