Room Leader - Brand New Nursery Camden
Who are Safari Kid?
Safari Kid are a network of innovative international nurseries, we fuse the best practises from the Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf Steiner and marry this with beautiful learning environments and 21st century technologies.
Our vision is to develop an exceptional Early Years environment to meet a range of parent and children’s needs and to focus on customized learning to help develop cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative and reasoning skills in children.
Safari Kid are committed to preparing today’s children to thrive in tomorrow’s world.
We are looking for exceptional Room Leaders to join our brand new school launching in Camden.
What is the role?
Safari Kid are about to embark on a journey of growth and are looking for passionate dedicated people to join as they open more centres and grow quickly.
As a Room Leader you will be responsible for ensuring that Safari Kid are always providing the highest quality of care and education and the children have a safe and secure learning environment. You’ll work continuously to make sure that you and your team recognise and deliver the needs for every student. As a Room Leader you’ll share responsibility for planning, organising and delivering the activities and learning experiences for the children in your room. You’ll create an anti-discriminatory and inclusive environment that supports the team to facilitate the development of children and enable them to reach their full potential. You’ll take responsibility for working together and translating learning outcomes into daily classroom practise for you and your team.
You’ll work closely the managers in the nursery to ensure that Safari Kid are delivering the absolute best that they can and to give recommendations about how they can improve their offerings and to always push the boundaries of excellence.
What will you do?
Working at Safari Kid means joining a people centric, ambitious company with extremely high standards, who are committed to making a difference to our families every day.
As a Room Leader you’ll be an ambassador for our values and a gate keeper for our great culture. You will take overall ownership for your room and have accountability for the following:
- Team Leadership – build a fantastic team within your room and forge relationships within the wider nursery setting. Role model behaviour and drive management, development and progression for your team.
- Planning – Plan collaboratively with the entire classroom team of educators for children’s learning and development. Agreed children’s learning outcomes in the context of a coherent nursery-wide curriculum.
- Teaching – All educators are active participants of the teaching process; room leaders should execute the general plan of monthly/weekly/daily goals and lead and supervise planned activities for all subject areas.
- Assessment – Responsible for ensuring that all educators in the classroom are taking ownsership for the observation/assessment of their key children. Findings are shared within the team and as a room leader you will set the goals for the children.
- Key Person – As a named member of staff with responsibilities for a small group of children, you will help those children feel safe, nurtured and cared for.
- Curriculum – work with Safari Kid to deliver the best and most up to date curriculum for our children
- Relationships – You will encourage open lines of feedback and communication between colleagues, parents and children. You’ll create meaningful relationships within your team and with parents to provide the best service for our families.
Level 3 and above
Ability to demonstrate high quality teaching
The Safari Kid competencies
Salary starting at £22,000 - £25,000
• You will receive 20 days of annual holiday which increases with length of service
• You get your birthday off if it falls on a working day
• Free childcare if your child attends one of our nurseries
• Annual performance related pay reviews
• Company awards and celebrations twice a year
• Access to a health care cash plan
• £150 refer a friend bonus for recommending Safari Kid to friends
As part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care, the successful candidate is expected to undergo an enhanced DBS check.