Who are Safari Kid?
We are an organisation with humble beginnings in Silicon Valley in 2005, we now have more than 1500 children annually in our Safari Kid branded centres, with locations in India, Hong Kong, England, Dubai and the UK. Safari Kid's nursery and kindergarten programs are customised for the learning curve of each child and develop critical cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative and reasoning skills in children below the age of seven years. Safari Kids are generally one or two grade levels ahead of their peers when they enter primary school, and stand out as leaders and problem solvers in any group.
What is the role?
Safari Kid (also known as Quantm Education) is about to embark on a journey of growth, opening more nursery schools in our current markets and also opening schools in new markets too. With the expected growth over the next four years, it is critical that we have the right people within our organisation to make us successful, and ensure we are offering high quality education to our children across all of our centres.
We are looking for a Finance Manager, based in London who will be responsible for managing and maintaining accounts for the UK schools, financial reporting on the UK schools, ensuring correct invoicing and follow ups on collections and adhering to the Finance Policy for the UK. This person will work with the finance team based in India to fulfil their responsibilities. This person must have comprehensive knowledge of the entire working of the school and the finance function to make them extremely effective.
This role will report to the CEO, UK, who is based in London. They will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company in the UK, including direct supervision of the relevant finance staff in India. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, annual audit, invoicing, payroll / benefits administration, forecasting, and financial reporting. Must be willing to gather external benchmarks to develop reasonable goals and financial models, both short and long term.
What will you do?
- Work with the teams and the Group CFO on the annual budget process. Budget process will include annual and long-range operational and capital budgets. Manage the development of an annual budget, budget projections for strategic planning, as well as separate budgets for each school campus and the school support centre team.
- Leadership and oversight of financial compliance function assuring that the organisation and each of its schools is compliant with all authorised, state and federal requirements.
- Maintain and update fiscal calendar for all reporting deadlines including, but not limited to, audit schedule, tax reporting, initiation of annual budget process and monthly close dates.
- Performing duties as required in response to requests from regulators and auditors; timely filing of all requisite forms with the appropriate authorities
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of Safari Kid UK and related entities’ annual reports, including operating budget, capital expenditures and annual payroll
- Oversee the maintenance of appropriate insurance policies. Plans and carries out a risk management program, to protect the welfare of students, and staff; protect the assets of the school and limit the liability of staff, administration and the Board. Works with insurance advisors and brokers to ensure that adequate, appropriate and cost-effective insurance is in force, including liability, property and casualty, directors and officers, workers compensation and healthcare.
- Deliver timely reports to the leadership team, school leaders, Finance Committee, Board of Directors.
- Review and analyze monthly income statement, balance sheet, cash flow projection and variance reports.
- Manage and execute year-end audits and work with external auditor to ensure clean financial audits with an unqualified opinion. Implement any qualifications and improvements suggested by the auditors
- Manage and oversee all treasury functions, including but not limited to bank accounts, investments, operating cash, credit cards and other negotiable instruments.
- Assure that all business affairs are conducted in a legal and professional manner
- Responsible for oversight and collection of aged accounts receivable.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Finance Professional working towards an ACCA/CIMA qualification with at least 2 years relevant experience, or CIMA qualified professionals. Any other accounting degree / qualification will be looked upon with at least 2 years relevant experience.
- Proven experience as a planner and implementer
- Excellent communication skills and Strong Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting including strategic planning and working for an international firm.
- Current knowledge of accounting policies in the UK
- The ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, to deal with a wide array of challenges and deadlines, and with a varied array of contacts.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, adherence to the standards of professional ethics and a commitment to the School’s mission.
- Knowledge of new online systems which the group uses across – Xero / QuickBooks, Dropbox, Slack and other systems.
- Experience of multi-site
Detailed, organised and accurate
Passionate for what you do
Autonomous and self-driven
Annual salary of £50,000 - £60,000
• You will receive 25 days of annual holiday
• You get your birthday off if it falls on a working day
• Free childcare if your child attends one of our nurseries
• Annual performance related pay reviews
• Company awards and celebrations twice a year
• Access to a health care cash plan
• £150 refer a friend bonus for recommending Safari Kid to friends
As part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care, the successful candidate is expected to undergo an enhanced DBS check.