Deputy Nursery Manager - Wandsworth
What is the role?
Safari Kid are about to embark on a journey of growth and are looking for passionate dedicated people to join as they open more centres and grow quickly.
As a Deputy Nursery Manager you will be responsible for effectively supporting the management of the full nursery team to ensure that Safari Kid are always providing the highest quality of care and education. They pride themselves on the relationships that they build with families and you’ll work continuously to make sure that you and your team recognise and deliver the needs for every student. You’ll help to oversee the operational management of the nursery under the EYFS Statutory Framework and Ofsted requirements.
To help Safari Kid to always be the best that they can be you’ll work closely with your Nursery Manger and ‘The Hub’ (our Senior Management Team) to give recommendations about how they can improve their offerings and to always push the boundaries of excellence.
What will you do?
Working at Safari Kid means joining a people centric, ambitious company with extremely high standards, who are committed to making a difference to our families every day.
As a Deputy Manager you’ll be an ambassador for our values and a gate keeper for our great culture. You will support the Nursery Manager in the school and as a leadership team you’ll take overall ownership for your school and have accountability for the following:
- Compliance & governance – ensure that your setting operates to the highest standards and meets all related statutory requirements
- Health & safety – overall responsibility for complying with all Health & Safety, Environmental Health and COSHH regulations
- Leadership & development of your team – build a fantastic team, role model behaviour and lead from the from to champion the development and progression for your people
- Curriculum – work with Safari Kid to deliver the best and most up to date curriculum for our children
- Resources – make sure that your school has everything it needs to deliver to exceptional standards
- Sales & marketing – work with the senior team to create a clear action plan to manage occupancy levels
- Business strategy – work to constantly improve our services and make recommendations for future development
- Financial & operational effectiveness – proactively manage the nursery accounts and budget
What else is important to know?
This role will be based in Wandsworth, London and will report to the Nursery Manager
- Salary £24,000 - £28,000 experience dependent
- Free childcare
- Pension Plans
- Training & Development