Safari Kid are an international network of nurseries that were founded in California in 2005 and now have locations in India, Hong Kong, Dubai and the UK. We fuse the best practises from the Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf Steiner approaches and marry this with beautiful learning environments and 21st century technologies and a strong focus on customized learning to help develop cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative and reasoning skills in children below 7.
As a Safari Kid Mandarin Teacher your primary role will be to provide children with a safe and secure learning environment in Mandarin.
- Mandarin classes are 30-45 minutes long
- Emphasis is placed on developing social communication skills in Mandarin, by conducting social activities such as snack time, lunch time or part of the free play time in Mandarin.
- Planning, assessing, organising and delivering Mandarin activities and creating customised learning experiences for a group of children aged between three (3) months and five (5) years old.
- Involving children actively in their own learning
- Empowering children to feel responsible and to act
- Teaching songs and rhymes, reads stories and organises various activities to promote language, social and physical development
The Safari Kid competencies
- Emotional Intelligence
- Team work
As part of our offering we teach addition languages, evidence shows that multilingual children have better problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and greater mental flexibility. We want to be able to promote inclusion and different cultures in our school, as such, Mandarin is one of our language offerings and we are looking for a part time language teacher.
Qualification and Preferred Skills:
- Fluent Mandarin Speaker
- Experience working with children under the age of 5 preferred
Successful applicants must undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Hourly rate between £9 - £10 per/hour guaranteed 6 hours a week
Opportunity for excellent long-term career development in a fast-growing international company
- Training & Development