Nursery Assistant - Chiswick
Who are Safari Kid?
Safari Kid are a network of innovative international nurseries, we fuse the best practises from the Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf Steiner and marry this with beautiful learning environments and 21st century technologies.
Our vision is to develop an exceptional Early Years environment to meet a range of parent and children’s needs and to focus on customized learning to help develop cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative and reasoning skills in children.
Safari Kid are committed to preparing today’s children to thrive in tomorrow’s world.
We are looking for exceptional practitioners to join our thriving school in Chiswick.
What is the role?
Safari Kid are on a journey of growth and employ passionate dedicated people as they open more centres and grow quickly.
As a Nursery Assistant your primary role is to provide the children in your care with a safe and secure learning environment.
To share responsibilities for planning, assessing, organising and delivering activities and creating customised learning experiences for a group of children aged between three (3) months and four (4) years old
To work within an anti-discriminatory and inclusive environment and support the team to facilitate the all-round development for all children, enabling them to reach their full potential
To work together constantly to translate learning outcomes into daily classroom practise
To work to support the development of the children within the EYFS and Safari Kid Early Years Programme (EYP) curriculum.
What will you do?
You'll work closely to support the people in your nursery. You will have accountability for the following:
- Team Player – be part of a fantastic team and forge great relationships within your team and everyone in the nursery setting.
- Setting up – you’ll help to create inspiring learning places, utilising indoor and outdoor space.
- Teaching – Be hands on helping to deliver a great learning experience for our children and support the team. You’ll take the children that do full days for a relaxing afternoon activity.
- Relationships – You will encourage open lines of feedback and communication between colleagues, parents and children. You’ll create meaningful relationships within your team and with parents to provide the best service for our families.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the nursery management.
Level 2 + Early Years Practitioner Qualification a bonus
Ability to demonstrate high quality teaching
Salary starting at £17,500 - £18,000
• You will receive 20 days of annual holiday which increases with length of service
• You get your birthday off if it falls on a working day
• Free childcare if your child attends one of our nurseries
• Annual performance related pay reviews
• Company awards and celebrations twice a year
• Access to a health care cash plan
• £150 refer a friend bonus for recommending Safari Kid to friends
As part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care, the successful candidate is expected to undergo an enhanced DBS check.