Deputy Nursery Manager - Chiswick
Safari Kid are a network of innovative international nurseries, we fuse the best practises from the Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf Steiner and marry this with beautiful learning environments and 21st century technologies.
Our vision is to develop an exceptional Early Years environment to meet a range of parent and children’s needs and to focus on customized learning to help develop cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative and reasoning skills in children.
Safari Kid are committed to preparing today’s children to thrive in tomorrow’s world.
We are looking for an exceptional Deputy Nursery Manager to join our thriving school in Chiswick.
The Deputy Manager will support the Nursery Manager in providing professional leadership and management for the nursery, to drive and exceed at the service we provide, and to deliver the highest standards of care and education, supporting us to achieve our vision.
• To work under the direction of the Nursery Manager and deputise for them as and when required.
• Assist in leading and implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and any other legal/statutory frameworks.
• Ensure all company policies and procedures are correctly followed in the nursery and adhered to at all times.
• To assist in improving and maintaining the high standards in the nursery by leading from the front at all times.
• To ensure that the welfare and safety of children is paramount, and that any child protection concerns are always appropriately acted upon immediately.
• To assist with the planning and organisation of staffing schedules and holiday rotas to ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained in accordance with Ofsted and nursery procedures.
• To assist with the implementation of administrative procedures involved with: - registration, place allocation, and other related matters.
• To be responsible for implementing and monitoring systems of observation to enable children’s progress and achievements are regularly and effectively assessed and recorded.
• To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children, having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures, and medical histories.
• A relevant childcare qualification for the role, level 3 minimum
Knowledge & Experience:
• Two years post qualifying experience, preferably in a leadership role
• Experience of working within and implementing the EYFS statutory framework
• Experience of OFSTED inspections or other inspections/legal bodies and their requirements within day care on non-domestic premises
• You will receive 20 days of annual holiday which increases with length of service
• You get your birthday off if it falls on a working day
• Free childcare if your child attends one of our nurseries
• Annual performance related pay reviews
• Company awards and celebrations twice a year
• Access to a health care cash plan
• £150 refer a friend bonus for recommending Safari Kid to friends
As part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care, the successful candidate is expected to undergo an enhanced DBS check.