Nursery Manager - Brand new school in Bethnal Green
Safari Kid are a network of innovative international nurseries, we fuse the best practises from the Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf Steiner and marry this with beautiful learning environments and 21st century technologies.
Our vision is to develop an exceptional Early Years environment to meet a range of parent and children’s needs and to focus on customized learning to help develop cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative and reasoning skills in children.
Safari Kid are committed to preparing today’s children to thrive in tomorrow’s world.
We are looking for an exceptional Nursery Manager to join our brand new school launching this summer in Bethnal Green.
The Nursery Manager will inspire and excel by bringing professional leadership and management to the nursery. You will drive and exceed at delivering the service we provide, and you'll meet the highest standards of care and education, supporting us to achieve our vision.
As a Nursery Manager you will be responsible for effectively managing the full nursery team, you will pride yourself on the relationships that you build with families and you’ll work continuously to make sure that you and your team recognise and deliver the needs for every student. You’ll oversee the operational management of the nursery under the EYFS Statutory Framework and Ofsted requirements.
To help Safari Kid to always be the best that they can be you’ll work closely with ‘The Hub’ (our Senior Management Team) to give recommendations about how we can improve our offerings and to always push the boundaries of excellence.
Working at Safari Kid means joining a people centric, ambitious company with extremely high standards, who are committed to making a difference to our families every day.
As a Nursery Manager you’ll be an ambassador for our values and a gate keeper for our great culture. You will take overall ownership for your school and have accountability for the following:
• Assist in leading and implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and any other legal/statutory frameworks.
• Ensure all company policies and procedures are correctly followed in the nursery and adhered to at all times.
• To assist in improving and maintaining the high standards in the nursery by leading from the front at all times.
• To ensure that the welfare and safety of children is paramount, and that any child protection concerns are always appropriately acted upon immediately.
• To assist with the planning and organisation of staffing schedules and holiday rotas to ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained in accordance with Ofsted and nursery procedures.
• To lead with the implementation of administrative procedures involved with: - registration, place allocation, and other related matters.
• To be responsible for implementing and monitoring systems of observation to enable children’s progress and achievements are regularly and effectively assessed and recorded.
• To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children, having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures, and medical histories.
• A relevant childcare qualification for the role, level 3 minimum
Knowledge & Experience:
• Two years post qualifying experience in a leadership role
• Experience of working within and implementing the EYFS statutory framework
• Experience of OFSTED inspections or other inspections/legal bodies and their requirements within day care on non-domestic premises
• You will receive 25 days of annual holiday
• You get your birthday off if it falls on a working day
• Free childcare if your child attends one of our nurseries
• Annual performance related pay reviews
• Company awards and celebrations twice a year
• Access to a health care cash plan
• £150 refer a friend bonus for recommending Safari Kid to friends
As part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care, the successful candidate is expected to undergo an enhanced DBS check.