Head of Engineering
Quantm Education is an early years education company. We run a chain of nurseries across the world (Safari Kid & Kido). At the core of what we do in our nurseries is creating a learning environment that never stops children asking 'why' and keeps them divergent thinkers.
We're looking to grow out our product & tech team to support in the development and launch of our nursery management ERP platform, Kalaido. The aim of this platform is to make the day to day lives of nursery managers a bit easier. We’re also building a sister parent app for parents to get all the latest communications about their child’s progress.
We have some really exciting plans for growth and a flexible working policy with a base in Spitalfields, London.
We’re looking for someone to lead the engineering efforts for Kalaido as we move to bring development in house, and be a part of the founding team that grow our ‘tech start-up within a start-up’.
This is a really exciting opportunity to build a disruptive, impactful new product & team from the ground up. You will be the very first hire on the dev team and will have ownership for the technical process from planning, implementation, testing and introduction of best practices across the board.
You will also oversee the development of our websites - which are currently built in Wordpress (custom code).
Your role will involve hands on engineering leadership, developing the company's strategy for implementing the most appropriate technologies and technical infrastructure. You will be working very closely with our Head of Product.
Our current tech stack uses the following technologies:
Frontend: HTML, CSS, JS
Backend: PHP CI framework + REST api
Mobile app: React native
- You will be familiar with PHP and web technologies
- React Native or other mobile experience is desirable
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructure toolset
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience leading an engineering team
- Comfortable working with a remote team
- Hiring experience is desirable
- Experience working collaboratively with Product
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning (desirable)
- Ability to conduct technological analysis and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field is desirable but not mandatory
As well as a competitive salary we are also committed to the development and wellbeing of our employees. Our benefits package includes:
- Pay reviews - to recognise and reward your talent.
- Free or discounted child care at one of our schools - we want your child’s education to be on the same tracks as the others that we care for. Full-timers get 100% complimentary preschooling, whilst part-time workers benefit from a discount.
- Time off for your birthday - when it’s your birthday, take an extra day off that month, even if it isn’t the precise time you’re blowing out the candles!
- Bumper maternity & paternity leave - as further assistance with your family life, Safari Kid provides a bumper maternity and paternity leave package
- Health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working - ability to work remotely a few days a week or from our London office
We are committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the world we live in. This means we recruit without judgment about any of the things that make you who you are - gender, race, sexuality, religion, physical ability, age and everything in between.
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and of all genders to apply. If you’re not sure you tick all the boxes, please send us your CV anyway.