Quantm Education is an early years education company. We run a chain of nurseries across the world (Safari Kid & Kido). At the core of what we do in our nurseries is creating a learning environment that never stops children asking 'why' and keeps them divergent thinkers.
We're looking to grow out our product & tech team to support in the development and launch of our nursery management ERP platform, Kalaido. The aim of this platform is to make the day to day lives of nursery managers a bit easier. We’re also building a sister parent app for parents to get all the latest communications about their child’s progress.
We have some really exciting plans for growth and a flexible working policy with a base in Spitalfields, London.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to lead on user testing of the MVP with both nurseries and parents, as well as optimisation of the user experience and interfaces.
You will gather user requirements, design graphic elements and build navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base. You will work side by side with our Head of Product.
Initially the role is on a two day a week contract basis.
- User research
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Implement UI design optimisations
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Experience with design software and wireframe tools
- Comfortable with conducting user reasearch
- An innate love of post-it notes (optional)
- Experience with both web and mobile products
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- Comfortable working with a remote team
- Experience working collaboratively with cross functional team
- Strong portfolio of design projects (please include link or copy of your portfolio with your application)
- Ability to conduct qualitative analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field is desirable but not mandatory
As well as a competitive salary we are also committed to the development and wellbeing of our employees. Our benefits package includes:
- Pay reviews - to recognise and reward your talent.
- Free or discounted child care at one of our schools - we want your child’s education to be on the same tracks as the others that we care for. Full-timers get 100% complimentary preschooling, whilst part-time workers benefit from a discount.
- Time off for your birthday - when it’s your birthday, take an extra day off that month, even if it isn’t the precise time you’re blowing out the candles!
- Bumper maternity & paternity leave - as further assistance with your family life, Safari Kid provides a bumper maternity and paternity leave package
- Health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working - ability to work remotely a few days a week or from our London office
We are committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the world we live in. This means we recruit without judgment about any of the things that make you who you are - gender, race, sexuality, religion, physical ability, age and everything in between.
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and of all genders to apply. If you’re not sure you tick all the boxes, please send us your CV anyway.